Explore the darker past of Portsmouth on this haunted history tour that steps back into a hidden and almost forgotten past of the city’s South End.
Historic Portsmouth Legends and Ghost Walk
A guest favorite tour since 2002.
- Adult Ages 17+
- Child Ages 16 and Under
Join us on a historic evening walk on Portsmouth, NH!
Portland Magazine says – “Getting scared half to death – and loving it!” This is our flagship tour and most popular walk!
Join the author of the bestselling book Haunted Portsmouth, Roxie J. Zwicker for an evening walk to some of the most historic and haunted locations in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire. From the chills of haunted theaters, to the thrills of Portsmouth’s hidden history and exquisite architecture, you’ll be talking about this tour for months to come.
A tour so good, we wrote the book on it! After interviewing the locals and doing the deep dive of research, your tour guide Roxie authored Haunted Portsmouth, which was published by the History Press and is currently in its 7th printing!
This tour was featured on the Travel Channel and on New Hampshire Chronicle.
- Join us for a walk to “Haunted Corner,” an area with 4 actively haunted buildings just steps from each other.
- Visit the site of the worst fire in New Hampshire history and learn the strange truth behind it.
- Discover where you might be able to share a room with the local spirits.
- The walk is filled with fascinating facts about Portsmouth, the “City of the open door,” and little known history as well, woven with intriguing, true ghost stories as shared by the locals who live and work in these places.
- Visit the site where a forgotten 18th century cemetery was discovered during city construction!
- In about 90 minutes we will span hundreds of years back through time for a most memorable experience visiting 13 of the city’s most active downtown haunts.
- Most of these stories have been obtained directly from the people who have experienced the ghostly side of the city, and you won’t find them anywhere else.
Gratuity is not included but greatly appreciated.